Autumn

I arrived in August, but it was already cool. I wore a light jacket all the time. But the most interesting part of arriving was that the sun didn't set until about 12:30 and darkness didn't come 'til about 2:30. I could still take pictures without a flash at 11:30pm.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Pictures of Gambell








The top picture is our principal, Dawn Johnson's house. She lives right next to the school.

2nd is the clinic. We have two nurses, a couple of nurses assistants, then every two months a Physician's Assistant (PA) comes over for two weeks. When we go to the clinic, they take all our info, then call over to Nome for a diagnosis, then dispense the meds over here. So far, it's worked OK. I fell off a 4-wheeler, had a kidney infection, my asthma acted up and got shots in my knees and no bad reactions! I'm just glad they're here.

Everybody has a 4 wheeler. In the winter some people have snow machines, too, but there are lots of 4wheelers.

Next is our Assistant Principal's house. Rick Breske is the AP and his wife is the 2nd grade teacher. They also live next to the school.

This last picture is a close-up of the gravel roads before the new roads were put in. They were murder to walk on.

No comments:

Post a Comment