Autumn

I arrived in August, but it was already cool. I wore a light jacket all the time. But the most interesting part of arriving was that the sun didn't set until about 12:30 and darkness didn't come 'til about 2:30. I could still take pictures without a flash at 11:30pm.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The School






The school looks pretty good to me. Most of the teachers think it's horrible, and I agree we have some maintenance issues, but on the whole, Merle keeps it vacuumed and trash picked up and the bathrooms cleaned. I've been in a lot worse.

Top: This is outside our main office next to the commons area which is our lunchroom. Office to the left, commons to the right.

Next, the double doors leading into the commons.

3rd, our foyer. Kids congregate here. I'm not sure of it's original intention, but it's not used for much.

4th, our front door. We put announcements here.

And finally, the front of the school. This is the most difficult part of the walk to school. There is nothing to block the wind from the Artic Ocean to the left and so as we come to the road leading up to the school, the wind can really blast you. And in the winter, the snow machines and 4 wheelers have packed down the snow until it's one huge ice sheet. I often walk off to the side to keep from falling.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kristie, you're so much braver than I am! I never would have dared come up here myself. If it weren't for Brent I'm pretty sure I'd have never left Utah. :) I admire you very much!
    Great job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete